For many summer time is a time of extra activity like more day trips, weekend drips like camping or longer vacations. The warmth and longer days just make many want to get outside more!
During these times of extra activity, a normal routine of home self care, massage and stretching can sometimes be neglected. When this happens more soreness and injury can result.
This is why keeping up with regular massage appointments is even more important so that you and your body can enjoy your increased summer activity even more.
Massage just helps in keeping the muscles in a routine of relaxation and re-alignment.
Massage during the summer months can also really help with :
- Massage can decrease stress. Summer fun is fun yet more activity can sometimes still be a stressor to the body. Massage helps increase levels of serotonin and dopamine which helps relieve stress.
- Muscle injury and soreness and speeds recovery that can result from weekend warrior sports and activity.
- Helps with lessening the effects of a scrunched "car body" of "airplane body" of sitting slumped for long periods of time in car or airplane.
- Massage also helps with neck and shoulder kinks that can happen as a result of sleeping in a new bed or with a new pillow from motels, hotels etc.
- You know that sleeping on the ground in your tent? Massage can help loosen the tight low back and hip muscles that can happen from that.
- Massage helps after those long hikes with backpacks, helps relax tight quads, hamstrings, pecs, shoulders and more.
- Some people like to run marathons or mini-marathons in the summer. Massage is great for pre and post marathon too.
- Summertime can mean more barbecuing which can mean more heavy lifting of the spatula on the grill, so massage helps with keeps those shoulders and arms more relaxed.(thought I would add this as funny). LOL.
If you do get regular massage appointments then it's important to still schedule your massage around your trips and extra activity.
If you don't get regular massage appointments, you might want to start or at least get a massage or two so that your body has some relaxation for the all the summer activity. Your body will thank you for it!