Hello Redding, Ca and beyond. Today I am posting about all different types of massage therapy. Massage is more than many people realize as we can massage ourselves with our own habits from the outside in and inside out. In my massage benefits article I write about how massage truly benefits the mind/ body on all levels. Yet there are so many things a person can do in their own lives before they come to receive a massage. These practices help your mind/body stay relaxed and will actually help you receive a massage better. So lets start with massage from the inside out.
- Breathing therapy, slowing your breathing down and consciously using it inside to massage yourself,helps your muscles relax. Our breath is an internal massage tool. Using your inner vision and your minds eye combined with your breath is a powerful tool to help you and your muscles feel less stressed.
- Meditation Therapy, In a slow stillness meditation you actually massage your inside by re-training your inner muscles to relax. Energy follows thoughts so as you train your mind to be still and calm it trickles through to your muscles too.
- Eating Therapy. Your muscles LOVE good nutrition and things like processed food and sugar can cause them to ache and spasm from toxic build up.
- Drink lots of water therapy. Drinks like coffee and sugary cause muscle spasms and pain too...water helps keep the muscles hydrated and relaxed. We are made of 80% water!
- Epsom Salt Bath Therapy. These baths help with flushing your muscles inside as the water in your body will follow the salt. This can help you be less sore because the salt helps flush out toxins in the body that cause your muscles to spasm.
- Hydrotherapy. Finish your showers on cold water. The cold water causes your muscles to contract and this creates a sponge like effect in the body there by flushing out toxins and helping the muscles to relax.