There are many health products on the market that offer holistic detox that are aimed at only a 'holistic' detox of the body. These products say nothing about detoxing mentally, emotionally or spiritually.
True holistic detox is a detox that helps you cleanse on all levels. That is holistic.
Of course, detoxing the body is super important to health and can have an effect on the mind and spirit but ultimately a person will have a greater detox by truly detoxing mentally, emotionally and spiritually as well as physically.
Below are some ways to detox yourself holistically.
When you make these a regular part of your life I promise you will experience greater pain relief, stress reduction, increased energy and peace of mind.
Remember when you detox in one area it will affect the other areas and the more you detox the more cleansed you will be and the better you will feel.
The work has to come from within you though because that's where true health lies.
How To Physically Detox?
Dietary detox is the most common way to detox your body of life draining toxins and replace it with life giving nutrients.
You are what you eat, so taking the toxic food away from your body and putting in good food will help you with pain relief and stress reduction because unhealthy food causes inflammation and soreness.
Healthy food causes a strong immune system and increased energy. Healthy food is like a nutritional massage for your body on a cellular level. Truly.
Yet there are other physical ways to massage your body with cleansing energy.
Here are some ways to physically detox your body:
- Give up processed sugar, soda, candy etc. Processed sugar is super toxic for the body.
- Replacing processed foods with whole, organic foods and lots of green veggies
- Quit drinking all alcohol
- Stop taking drugs(even recreational marijuana) for pain relief
- Let go of caffeinated drinks
- Stop smoking
- Start an exercise program
- Add trace mineral supplementation to your body daily
- Detox products on the market for liver cleansing, colon cleansing, like fulvic acid, dandelion root, senna and bentonite clay.***These products can work however making other dietary shifts above are needed for the detox products to be truly effective***
- Drink lots and lots of healthy water
Just as important as physical detoxing as the mind is connected to the body and toxic thoughts, beliefs and inner programs can create illness and disease in the body.
By keeping your mind on positive thoughts, images, beliefs and programs you will have more energy and enhanced neurotransmitters(serotonin, dopamine) processes for feeling good.
Ways to mentally/emotionally detox:
- Stop watching negative, violent, dark movies/TV shows, news and reading violent, dark books. Your mind is connected to all of that. The more you engage with it the more that energy can affect you.
- Let go of toxic relationships
- Meditation-slow down to help yourself see what toxic thoughts, beliefs and opinions you might be having
- Practice forgiveness
- Journal out your feelings inside instead of keeping them locked up
- Practice mindful mind mapping for mapping your mind with healthy inner pathways
- Therapy-Can help as long as the therapy is focused on positivity and helping with changing beliefs in your subconscious mind(see below)
- Positive affirmations
- Focus on your blessings
- Re-program your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is where many unhealthy beliefs, opinions and programs can be stored that do affect your body and life.
As I said above when you detox and cleanse in one area it will affect the other areas. For example, regular meditation is a great way to detox the negative thoughts and energies of your day which gives you a deeper internal massage because your energy and mind can have more clarity when the stress filled thoughts are not bouncing around inside of you.
Meditation is also a great tool for spiritual detoxing which I talk about below.
Spiritual detox helps with cleansing you spiritually which includes the spiritual body you have around you called your aura. It also includes connecting you regularly to your spiritual energy or God.
The practices below can and do help spiritually cleanse you so that you can be aligned with divine spiritual energy flowing through you.
Ways to spiritually detox:
- Smudging with sage
- Sea salt and epsom salt baths
- Meditation- Can help you hear your higher self and God which only always guides you to the best and highest good for you
- Positive prayer
- Sing spiritually focused uplifting music
- Work with spiritual healers who are light filled and understand how to cleanse the spiritual body
- Get outside and connect with the earth
- Surround yourself with positive people who are like-minded
The tips above are true examples of holistic detoxing and cleansing.
Your body is made of energy and more uplifting, self enhancing practices you embody in your life the more life force energy you will have which will absolutely decrease pain and stress in you. Promise.
Peace and Blessings,