It's holiday season again! If you are dealing with holiday stress, then keep reading to find out tips on keeping your balance during the holiday season.
The holidays can be fun and joyous! However for many people the increased activity and pressure of time commitments combined with some not so positive interactions with family members can cause stress and overwhelm.
This increase in stressful activity can cause many people to feel ungrounded, imbalanced and tired.
As the holiday time is a season of giving it is important to take time to give to yourself during the holidays so that you have more to give to others.
As you give to others this holiday season, are you also giving to yourself? Are you taking those moments to soothe yourself?
Ways to soothe yourself and help reduce your stress:
- Massage- Massage helps bring soothing to the stress and tranquility to tension. Massage helps activate your parasympathetic nervous system that is responsible for healing, calming and soothing you.
- Yoga- Take the time to connect with your body through meditative stretching. Slow down so that you are grounded. Yoga can also activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Meditation-Similar to meditative stretching. Sit and let yourself be still so that your body can settle into a place of calm. Doing some conscious breathing can be a great grounding and balancing way to alleviate stress. Slow focused breathing can be a great internal massage for activating your calming, soothing nervous system.
- Eating healthy- Healthy eating can help keep you nutritionally balanced which helps your body react to stress in a better way. Eating healthy can give you more energy to get through those longer days of holiday activity.
- Get outside and play- Connect with nature, even if it's just a few minutes a day. Nature has a way of bringing balance and cleansing of stress.
- Self love- Give yourself some internal love. When you are focused outward on love, it's wonderful. During the holidays you may become drained and self love helps fill you back up. Love yourself the way you love others.
- Epsom salt baths- I love how hot epsom baths are great for cleansing and relieving stress. The magnesium in epsom salt baths helps relax your muscles and you. The baths are a great mineral(magnesium) massage. You can take time during an epsom salt bath to meditate, to re-connect, to be renewed.
- Turn up the positivity in your world- This means turn off the negative news, the negative stories, the negative friends, the whatever that promotes negativity. Focus on the positivity in the world, in your life and in yourself. That can help bring balance and good flowing feelings through your body. Positivity is quite soothing for the body.
When you take time to care for yourself, for your self care it has an effect on others around you.
You can move through the holiday season with more grounding, balance, ease and love.